Advice for Invisalign patients during the Coronavirus crisis.
Here at Mapleleaf Kirsty and the team have been working hard contacting patients who are in active Invisalign treatment with guidance on keeping your treatment going throughout these changing times.
Most of you with appointments in the next few weeks will already have been contacted personally however if you have not these guidelines should help as they apply to all of you in active treatment.
- Continue to wear your aligners as instructed but extend the wear time to 2 weeks per aligner. Changing after 2 weeks wear allows for optimum tooth movements per aligner, keeps your tooth movements on track and will help to reduce patient contacts.
- if you are running out of aligners contact the practice and we will arrange for you to get more.
- if you have finished your current aligner sequence continue to wear the last aligner full time to retain the teeth in their current position. We will progress with your treatment as soon as restrictions are eased.
- If your current aligner appears not to fit the teeth well at the end of your wear time contact us for advice or consider going back to the previous aligner for 2 weeks before continuing. This will allow any teeth that are slow to move into the new aligner time to catch up.
- If you are approaching the end of treatment and the teeth still don’t look correct, don’t worry. The Invisalign system is extremely adaptable and we can make corrections to the final tooth positions by making refinements and additional aligners when required. Keep wearing your current aligners full time.
- Any patients that have lost attachments or are progressing without attachments having been fitted, don’t worry. Your aligners will still be working for you and we can make any minor corrections required when we are back at the practice.
Rest assured we will be back at the practice as soon as current restrictions ease. In the meantime stay safe, stay healthy and we look forward to seeing those beautiful straight smiles when we return.
Ed, Steve and Kirsty